Sunday, September 5, 2010

Where did the summer go?

Can you believe it's September already? I certainly can't.
It's actually been a great summer with very little complications as far as my IC is concerned. And of course after my last post, I ended up with another infection and Gina put me back on Bactrim...I'm suppose to be going once a month from June to do my urine cultures but with my new job, I've been missing getting to the lab before they close. I've managed to get one in and since I have to go in a few weeks to see Gina again, why bother going this coming week.
I've missed the NY State Fair for the second year in a row...it does bum me out, but I'm being realistic in that I don't have the money to spend this year. Oh well, there's always next year to look forward to :)
I'm going to my new favorite winery next weekend with my buddy Josie...3 Brothers http://3brotherswinery.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=2
it's for her birthday celebration and we plan on spending the day at Bagg Dare Winery having some food and listening to a band.
I can honestly say if I know I'm going to "taste" I do take it easy. I can't afford to end up having a flair because I decided to be stupid and not think of the consequences of drinking too much wine. I take my Prelief before and limit my intake even though there's many good wines to taste.
With Fall coming there won't be many more trips planned. Old Forge is planned for October, I've never been there and there's this Hardware store that sells all kinds of goodies-it's like an old "General Store" so that will be fun and I have to hit the Life Is Good Store there in town. We may even hop a ride on the Adirondak Train to see the foliage.
My job is going well, no stress, some frustration...which is given when you are learning something new that you have really never done before. I will say Medicaid payments will be the death of me!
Enjoy those last few days of "summer"

No comments:

Post a Comment